Faculty & Staff Booster Requirement Deadline Friday Jan. 7
Today, I write with warm wishes for this new year and to remind you of the College’s requirement for faculty and staff members to receive a COVID-19 booster to be completed by Friday, January 7. An invitation to a town hall providing further information about our current Covid planning will be sent in the coming days. In the meantime, employees can confidentially upload their updated vaccination information though the SHAW Portal.
Exceptions to the booster requirement:
- You are currently in the waiting period prior to when a booster can be provided. Booster doses are recommended for those who are six months past their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or two months past their single Johnson & Johnson dose. Once eligible, you are expected to get your booster and register booster completion information with the College within 10 days of fulfilling your recommended waiting period.
- You have an existing approved medical or religious COVID-19 vaccine exemption on record with Human Resources.
- You are newly requesting and awaiting approval for a medical or religious COVID-19 booster exemption. As with all vaccine requirements, anyone may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical or religious reasons through Human Resources.
Employee Booster Upload Instructions
- Go to https://shacscom.grinnell.edu/ and log in.
- On the home page, click on the red “Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information” button.
- Click on the green “Upload” button.
- Upload your vaccine information.
- Review to make sure you selected the correct document and click the green “Looks Good” button.
- Enter the date of your booster and the brand of vaccine you received.
- Click “Done.”
- The status will remain “Not Compliant” with the details “Awaiting Review,” as a SHAW nurse must manually review and approve the document. Once this has been done, the status will change to “Compliant” and the details to “Satisfied.”
COVID Time-Off Allocation
The College will continue to allow employees to use the COVID time-off allocation for vaccine appointments if needed or for time missed due to immune response. Please use the code SIOF within NOVAtime for this type of leave.
Employee Opt-Out Options for Booster Requirement
- One-time option to opt out of the vaccination booster requirement and take unpaid leave without benefits through August 1, 2022; leaves will be handled according to institutional policies delineated in the staff and faculty handbooks. To start this process, contact email@example.com by January 7, 2022.
- One-time option to opt out of the vaccination requirement and voluntarily resign from your position at the College. Employees who choose this option and sign an agreement will receive a lump-sum gross payment, less applicable taxes, of up to four (4) weeks of compensation, based on your base wages and budgeted hours, with consideration to apply for re-employment after a year. To start this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7, 2022.
Vice President of Human Resources
Pronouns: she, her, hers