Update: Fall Term 2
Dear Grinnell students and families,
I write to share our latest plans for the second fall term (Oct. 29 - Dec. 22). As infections continue to increase within the country and especially in Iowa, we have made the decision to continue with remote instruction and a very low-density campus for Fall Term 2. We are disappointed that we will not be able to host the third-year class in Fall Term 2; we will, however, have a very small number of mid-year graduates on campus.
Our decisions for the fall are informed by data and scientific research and rooted in deep care and concern about both individual and community health and well-being. Our publicly available dashboard continues to aggregate local, regional, and state data related to COVID-19.
Our commitment to you is steadfast; below are specific opportunities to support you:
- Everywhere Scurries — Connect with Grinnellians: The scurry experience is not reserved solely for on-campus students. If our campus is global, our scurries will go global, as well. We will be forming scurries based on location and common interests, so to get started, express your interest in connecting with other Grinnellians. Even if you’ve already established an informal scurry, let us know — we may have others who want to connect with you! For more information on Grinnell Everywhere Scurries contact Ben Newhouse at email@example.com.
- Virtual Programming — Beyond the Classroom: Many of you have taken advantage of ways in which we are engaging students outside of classes through virtual programmingand the programming we’re offering through the Careers, Life, and Service (CLS), including interactive webinars with Grinnell alumni, virtual career fairs, and video interview days. All our academic support offices remain open virtually, and staff are eager to assist students.
- Registering changes in your situation: If your financial situation has changed, you need computing equipment or technological support, or you would like to change your response to the campus invitation you received, please use our student update form to let us know how we can support you.
- Continuous Residence on Campus — Petition Reopened: If you are a student experiencing severe stresses in your life and believe that continuous residence is necessary to continue your education, please let us know by filling out our petition for continuous residency on campus.
- Please Contact Us: If you have a question about your Grinnell experience but aren’t quite sure whom to contact, please reach out and we will be back in touch with you promptly.
Our brilliant faculty and staff continue to share their expertise and ingenuity to provide you with opportunities to learn and to create knowledge. I admire their compassion and resolve, and I admire you for your perseverance.
Take care and be well,
Anne F. Harris