Important COVID-19 Planning Updates
Shifting to Distance Learning and Minimizing Students in Residence
Students Will Be Expected to Leave Campus - please read in full
Guidance for Students Petitioning to Remain on Campus
- Students petitioning to remain on campus will be expected to stay within the state of Iowa for the remainder of the semester.
- If you will petition to remain on campus and have plans to leave the state, do not leave until you have received a response from Student Affairs. (See "Travel Restrictions and Advisories" below)
- If you have already left the state of Iowa and will be petitioning to stay on campus, please contact Student Affairs IMMEDIATELY.
Academic Continuity - Shift to Distance Learning
- Classes will continue to meet as scheduled through Friday, March 13.
- The College is preparing options for distance teaching and learning for all academic program elements (classes, labs, etc.) Starting after spring break, March 30, the College will shift to online learning (which will include students who are approved to remain on campus).
- Faculty will receive information about support for on-line instruction, and we will be sharing guidance throughout the week with staff about how these new policies will impact daily operations.
- We will take care that students bear no undue burden based on their status, including financial need. More information on how the College will address this will be forthcoming.
- Administrative offices will continue to operate, and the libraries will remain open. The possibility of other buildings, such as the BEAR, being open will be under review over Spring Break and a final determination will be made by March 30.
Travel Restrictions and Advisories
- All College-sponsored international and domestic travel (outbound and inbound) is suspended through May 15.
- Individuals may petition to request essential College-sponsored domestic travel (contact Heather Cox with petitions for exceptions).
- This travel restriction includes group travel such as musical, athletic, and alternative break trips. Information about possible reimbursements for impacted students, faculty, and staff is forthcoming.
Individual Travel for Faculty and Staff
- Personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
- We emphatically urge caution and judgment for your personal domestic travel.
- If you are currently traveling or planning to travel, you are required to register your travel using the unique link that will be sent to you by the Office of Analytical and Institutional Research.
Meetings and Events for Faculty, Staff, and Students Approved to Remain on Campus
- All athletics events, including practices and competitions, are cancelled for the remainder of the semester.
- All events requested by off-campus groups or individuals seeking to use College facilities will be canceled.
- We are working to limit other large gatherings on campus.
- We are considering canceling Commencement ceremony, Reunion, and other large events.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper arm/elbow.
- Clean hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Regularly clean and disinfect shared surfaces and objects that are touched frequently (faucets, doorknobs, phones, etc.).
- Avoid contact with sick people.