My primary research interest is ingestive behavior - specifically, the role of learning in food choice and food motivation, with a particular focus on how these influence, and are influenced by, obesity. My lab uses a rat model to study the behavioral and neural mechanisms underlying these processes using a variety of biological and behavioral techniques.
Andrea L Tracy
Department Chair of Neuroscience
faculty info column 1
Grinnell, IA 50112United States
Education / Degrees:
- M.S., Ph.D., Purdue University
- B.A., Grinnell College
- PSY 113: Introduction to Psychology, with Lab
- PSY 246: Physiological Psychology
- PSY 395: Special Topic "Psychology of Motivation"
- NRS 250: Neuroscience Foundations, Future, and Fallacies
- NRS 495: Neuroscience Seminar