Professor Trimmer is interested in the structure and mechanism of enzymes. Her research has focused on enzymes that perform oxidation/reduction reactions using the coenzyme flavin. Trimmer Summer 2013 Research Description
Elizabeth E Trimmer
faculty info column 1
Grinnell, IA 50112United States
Education / Degrees:
NIH Postdoctoral fellow 1997-2000, University of Michigan.
Ph.D., Biological Chemistry, 1997, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
B.A., 1988, Carleton College.
- BCM 262 Introduction to Biological Chemistry
- CHM 129 General Chemistry
- CHM 221 Organic Chemistry I
- CHM 222 Organic Chemistry II
- CHM 330 Bioorganic Chemistry
- Tutorial: "Papermaking: A Chemistry Approach"
- SCI/ART 237 Chemistry of Artists' Materials
Primary Academic Interest:
Structure and Mechanism of Enzymes