Where are you from? (Grew up – hometown?)
I am from Holstein, Iowa.
What do you like best about Grinnell College?
The smaller campus provides a true sense of a close knit and supportive community. The students who attend Grinnell College are amazing—working with them is the best part of my job.
Where did you attend school? College(s)? Degrees?
I have a degree in Office Administration from Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
What are your main areas of responsibility here at Grinnell College?
My main responsibilities include:
- Student residence placements and processes
- Spring Room Draw
- Special Residence Draws
- Project House Applications, Presentations, and Awards
- Off-Campus Applications and Permissions
- Single Semester/Room Split Residencey Program
- Fall & Spring Key Issuance
- Summer Residency Program
- First Year Roommate Form and Placements
- First Year and Returning Student Residency and Roommate Placements
- Consolidations and Room Changes
- Opening and Closing Procedures
- Trunk and Storage Room Options and Processes
- Fall Early Arrival and Winter Break Sponsored Student Program
- Assist with New and Transfer Student Orientation
- Residence Life Committee Member
What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I love to listen to music and enjoy playing golf with my husband, Rich. We are huge Iowa Hawkeye and Minnesota Viking football fans and we also enjoy watching movies, taking our dogs for runs, and spending summer evenings relaxing in our back yard.