Where are you from? (Grew up – hometown?)
I am from Schaumburg, IL (suburbs of Chicago). Most of my extended family still lives in that area.
What do you like best about Grinnell College?
I like our students—they are passionate, committed, and challenging. I wish I had the time to get to know them all!
Where did you attend school? College(s)? Degrees?
I earned my B.A. from Grinnell College—History, Concentration in Russian and Eastern European Studies. I earned my M.A. from the University of Iowa - Sports, health, Leisure, and Physical Studies, Sport Psychology/Cultural Studies concentration. I am currently working on my MPH (Masters of Public Health) - University of Minnesota.
What are your main areas of responsibility here at Grinnell College?
My responsibilities include:
- Overall student well-being
- Teaching 1-credit wellness courses through physical education
- Primary prevention work to address both high-risk substance use and sexual misconduct
- Mentoring the Student Athlete Mentors
- Coordinating and co-facilitating active bystander programming for faculty, staff, and students
- Chairing the Harm Reduction Committee, the Athletic Integration Committee, and the Wellness Committee, and serving on the Title IX Task Force.
- Assessment of student health and wellness
What do you like to do in your free time? Hobbies?
I am still a recreational athlete. I also enjoy travel, gardening, reading, and walking my dogs.