Online Billing and Payments
Only the first statement of each semester is mailed to the home address. Electronic statements are updated once a month when a student account has a balance due.
Students and Authorized Users whom the student has set up will receive an email when new statements are posted.
How to view the Statement Online:
Be sure to view the actual statement by clicking on the "eStatement" tab at the top of the page, beside the date/drop down arrow click on the button that says "select" or "view" (dis-able popup blockers). Firefox or Internet Explorer are the preferred browsers.
Parents can view online billing and make payments online only if their student sets them up as an authorized user. NO ONE ELSE CAN DO THIS.
To set up an authorized user:
- Student should Log in to their e-billing account.
- When the welcome screen appears, click on Authorized User at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
The Authorized person will receive emails with instructions on how to login to the student's account where the statement can be viewed and a payment can be made online.
Online Billing Services include:
- Student's ability to authorize other users to view and make payments toward their account;
- Email notice of delivery of new statements for viewing by the student and other authorized users;
- Ability to view previous statements;
- Ability to view payment history and other postings to the student account;
- Payment by electronic check, MasterCard, American Express, Visa and Discover;
- Payment for Advance Tuition Deposit by electronic check, MasterCard, American Express, Visa and Discover;
- Automatic and immediate posting of payments to the student account;
- Service availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Payment by electronic check is available at no additional charge. You may continue to send checks directly to the Cashier Office, although we encourage you to take advantage of these online services. (The Cashier Office cannot accept credit or debit card payments over the phone or in person for payment to billing statements.) All returned payments will result in a $25.00 Returned Payment Fee added to the student account balance.
Online credit card payments will be accepted through PayPath on the College's behalf. As part of this service, PayPath will add a 2.75% service fee to the total payment. For example, if a $1,000 payment is being made on a student's account, the total amount charged to the credit card will be $1,027.50. Grinnell College will receive only the $1,000 owed for student charges. PayPath accepts MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover.
Funds can be added to the Pioneer One-Card (Campus Cash) at no additional charge using a credit card at https://get.cbord.com/grinnell or at the Cashier Office.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Cashier Office at 641-269-4100 or email Cashier[at]grinnell[dot]edu.