Each year Grinnell College hosts several major performances of significant cultural import. The Committee for Public Events, a body composed of both faculty and students, selects between four and six noted performers to visit Grinnell.
Recent performers include:
- Simon Estes
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Bread and Puppet Theatre
- Esperanza Spalding
Ticket Distribution Policy
Performances are free, but tickets are required. Tickets are available to the public beginning three to four business days prior to the performance (look at specific event to determine date) and are distributed until no tickets remain. Tickets are distributed from the box office in the Bucksbaum Center for the Arts at the corner of 6th and Park in Grinnell. Tickets are free to those present at the box office during open hours between noon and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone reservations are not accepted, though you may call the box office at 641-269-4444 during open hours to determine if tickets are still available. A limited number of tickets are also available beginning at noon on the first distribution date from the Pioneer Bookshop in downtown Grinnell.
- The Kenny Garrett Quintet: Sept. 27, 2013, Herrick Chapel. Tickets available Sept. 23.
- Los Llaneros: Oct. 15, 2013, Herrick Chapel. Tickets available Oct. 11.
- PipeScreams Spooktacular Organ Concert: Oct. 31, 2013, Herrick Chapel. No tickets necessary.
- Anoushka Shankar: Nov. 11, 2013, Herrick Chapel. Tickets available Nov. 7.
- Hammerstep: Jan. 27, 2014, Roberts Theater, Bucksbaum Center. Tickets available Jan. 23.
- Ethan Lipton and his Orchestra: Jan. 30, 2014, Herrick Chapel. Tickets available Jan. 27.
- Organized Rhythm: Feb. 18, 2014, Herrick Chapel. Tickets available Feb. 14.