Student Health and Counseling Services (SHACS)
SHACS will be open during the summer!
Call SHACS, 641-269-3230, to schedule an appointment for:
- Counseling and nursing appointments
- Van transportation
- Prescription deliveries
- Massage chair and relaxation station
SHACS will be closed July 4 for Independence Day.
- For an emergency, call 911.
- For Student Affairs, call 641-269-3702.
- For medical care when SHACS is closed, call 641-269-3230. Follow the appropriate prompts to speak with a health or mental health professional.
- For on-campus urgent needs, call Campus Safety, 641-269-4600.
Campus Safety can offer you a ride to the doctor or to a pharmacy if we are closed!
SHACS offers health and mental health services to support your personal and academic growth and success at Grinnell. In addition to the immediate care you require, we also provide you with the tools and information you need to develop lifelong self-care and wellness habits. With the exception of at-cost fees for some medical tests, inoculations, and Plan B, all of our other services are free of charge.