What makes a college unique? In part, its traditions, which unite the students of today and yesterday.
Here are a few of ours:
- Social activism, from our Social Gospel roots through alt break and the Social Entrepreneurs of Grinnell.
- Dressing up for the waltz.
- 2 a.m. bakery runs to Danish Maid or ice cream and corn nuggets at Dari Barn.
- Theme parties like the cross-dressing Mary B. James and the nostalgic Disco and 80s parties.
- Lighthearted competition at Grinnell Relays.
- Graffiti in the library bathrooms.
- Pagliai's Pizza.
- The world's best study breaks.
- Burling Library's jungle gyms.
- Mattress sledding in ARH.
- Our integrated Young, Gifted, and Black gospel choir. (And yes, any student can join.)
And there's always waiting for the train to pass through campus.