We have several committees that lead the curricular and policy changes within the education program. These include the following:
The Teacher Education Committee (TEC) shapes the policies and programs of the education program and authorizes students for the licensure program.
2015-16 TEC Members are:
- Clair Moisan - Humanities
- Gemma Sala - Social Studies
- Andrew Graham - Science
The Teacher Advisory Committee (TAC) facilitates dialogue and manages relationships with area schools.
Current TAC Members are:
- Rick Radcliff (Principal, BGM - Brooklyn, Iowa)
- Steve Alig (BGM - Brooklyn, Iowa)
- Sarah Hegg-Dunn (Principal, Grinnell-Newburg Middle School)
- Liz Hansen (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- David Abarr '83 (Grinnell Newburg - Davis School)
- Leah Slick-Driscoll (Meskwaki Settlement High School, Tama)
- Deanna Zmolek (South Tama County - Tama, Iowa)
In addition, student majors within the program elect a Student Educational Policy Committee (SEPC) every year that assists in the faculty hiring and review process and in planning extracurricular activities, such as visiting lecturers and student colloquia.
The 2015-2016 SEPC’s for the Education Department are:
- Alexandra Odom '16 (History) [co-chair]
- Rachel Von Holst '16 (History) [co-chair]
- Jherron Sutton '18 (Undeclared)
- Christian Clark '18 (Undeclared)
- Ellen Schneider '17 (History)
- Elizabeth Nelson '17 (Anthro)
- Teresa Villarreal '17 (Biology) [abroad fall semester]