About the Office of Off-Campus Study
The Office of Off-Campus Study manages semester and year-long study outside of Grinnell by:
- coordinating the advising that informs a student’s plans,
- overseeing the internal approval of those plans,
- monitoring communications with program providers from pre-departure through return, and
- utilizing student experiences to inform future students’ opportunities.
- monitoring developments with our providers, trends in the field of education abroad, and global events.
- advocating on behalf of our students’ well-being and coordinating responses with campus offices and families.
- connecting Grinnell faculty with and leveraging the global network that we maintain through the students we send out into the world and professional contacts we develop.
- managing Grinnell’s own semester-long program, Grinnell-in-London.