Steps for Applying
- Obtain approval to apply to your first- or second-choice program.
- Applications for 2018-2019 (Fall, Spring and Academic Year) are due: December 5, 2017.
- The online application process will open during fall break in October.
- Notifications of approval will be sent in mid-February.
More Information on Step One
Search the database of approved programs.
- Off-Campus Study Program Application: Apply directly to the OCS program approved by Grinnell in Step One.
- Due date: Depends on program. Fall program due dates are normally in March or April and spring dates in September or October. Your approval notification in Step One will encourage you to apply earlier than the program's actual deadline to give you an advantage in the rolling admission process.
- The program acceptance rate for Grinnell students is high for those who remain eligible and apply early. If you are not admitted, the OCS Office will help you find an acceptable alternative.