Because many Grinnell homes are without hot water due to basement flooding, Grinnell's Athletics Department will open the Bear Center during select hours today (Monday, May 27), so faculty, staff, and students can take hot showers. Here are the details:
- You MUST present a valid College ID to enter the Bear. No exceptions will be allowed. (The College will partner with the City of Grinnell on ways to help local citizens if the flooding continues.)
- Please bring your own towels, shampoo and soap.
- The showers will be available only during the following hours today: 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; 2–4 p.m. and 6–8 p.m.
- No other area of the Bear will be open for use during these times.
- Starting tomorrow the Bear will open on its normal summer schedule.
A very special thanks to the Athletics staff who have generously agreed to work on a holiday so that Grinnellians can have this opportunity.