Tareque Completes Davis Project for Peace
This summer, Inara Sunan Tareque '16 completed her Davis Project for Peace, focused on raising literacy rates at Chardowani Middle School in Bangladesh.
Her holistic approach to this project included:
- Workshops (for both parents and students) to promote education,
- Workshops to help students learn about how to use the internet,
- Construction of a library which contains more than 2,000 books,
- The purchase of five computers for the school,
- The addition of an internet connection at the school,
- Donations to clean up the water-clogged field in front of the school, allowing students to use the play ground, and
- Creation of a fund to maintain internet access.