Tareque Completes Davis Project for Peace
August 22 2013 03:53 pm
This summer, Inara Sunan Tareque '16 completed her Davis Project for Peace, focused on raising literacy rates at Chardowani Middle School in Bangladesh.
Her holistic approach to this project included:
- Workshops (for both parents and students) to promote education,
- Workshops to help students learn about how to use the internet,
- Construction of a library which contains more than 2,000 books,
- The purchase of five computers for the school,
- The addition of an internet connection at the school,
- Donations to clean up the water-clogged field in front of the school, allowing students to use the play ground, and
- Creation of a fund to maintain internet access.