Be a Student Security Aide
1. You have the right to receive consultation and treatment in a timely fashion which is commensurate with your symptoms.
Your corresponding responsibility is to be proactive about contacting Student Health and Counseling Services (SHACS) when you start to feel badly, rather than waiting until your need is urgent. You are also responsible for either attending or cancelling your scheduled appointments here.
SHACS Online is an electronic record system which allows you to manage your health forms and some of your appointments at SHACS. It also automatically generates email reminders of your upcoming appointments at SHACS.
Please visit SHACS Online to:
Following are contact numbers for providers of primary health and mental health care and services in Grinnell. This list does not constitute recommendation or endorsement of any of these providers. For information about specialists, dental care providers, and providers and services in other central Iowa locations, please contact Student Health and Counseling Services at 641-269-3230.
SHACS offers integrated health and counseling services. Our nurses and therapists work closely together to offer you care appropriate for your needs.
Our health services include:
• Nursing assessments and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
• Dispensation of over-the-counter medications
• Testing for pregnancy, HIV, mononucleosis, Strep A, hemoglobin, glucose, and urinalysisfs
• Dispensation of Plan B (at-cost fee)