The Charles Benson Bear ’39 Recreation and Athletic Center houses:
- The 1,250 seat Darby Gymnasium, home of the Pioneer men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball team;
- A 500-seat natatorium with a 50-meter pool and movable bulkheads; and
- A six-lane 200-meter fieldhouse with seating for 400.
- An 8,000 square foot fitness center with cardiovascular and strength equipment;
- An auxillary practice gymnasium
In addition, the center houses the physical education and athletics staff and faculty, as well as classroom and practice space, climbing and bouldering walls, racquetball courts, locker rooms, equipment room, and a concession lounge with wireless Internet access and seating area.
The center is located north of 10th Avenue between Park and East Street. Visitor parking is available in the lots to the south and east of the fitness center. Accessible parking is located in the lots to the south of the fitness center and to the west of the natatorium. See Maps and Directions for more information.