Admission & Aid
Grinnell, by the Numbers
- About 1,600 students
- 9:1 student/faculty ratio
- Over 500 course offerings every semester
- Most classes have fewer than 20 students
- 26 majors, 11 concentrations
- 3,000 internship opportunities in the United States and abroad
- Burling Library contains 1 million books and documents
- 500+ free events each year
- 200+ student organizations
- One-third of students engage in varsity athletics
Grinnell College offers a full range of financial aid opportunities to international students and we are committed to providing affordable education to students from around the world.
Admission to Grinnell is highly selective, and the competition for financial aid is more competitive as the applicant’s demonstrated financial need increases. Students who demonstrate academic excellence and who maintain active cocurricular involvement are especially attractive to our admissions committee, regardless of financial need.
Grinnell awards educational loans primarily from the federal loan programs. These programs provide students and their parents with long-term, low-interest loans. Remember, a loan must be repaid.