You are here
Daniel P Reynolds
- “Consumers or Witnesses? Holocaust Tourism and the Problem of Authenticity.” Forthcoming 2015.
- “Tourism, the Holocaust, and the Humanities.” International Journal of the Humanities 9.3 (November 2011) 157-165.
- “The Documentary Critique in Recent German Postcolonial Literature,” German Studies Review 31.2 (May 2008) 241-260.
- “Blinded by the Enlightenment. Günter Grass in Calcutta.” Daniel Reynolds. German Life and Letters 56.3 (July 2003) 244-260.
- “A Portrait of Misreading. Bernhard Schlink’s Der Vorleser.” Daniel Reynolds. Seminar 39.3 (September 2003) 238-257.
- "“Holocaust Tourists: Consumers or Producers”. TC2013 - Touring Consumption conference, Karlshochschule, Karlsruhe, Germany, October 24-25, 2013. http://www.tc2013.org.
- “Warehousing Memory?: Jens Sparschuh’s Im Kasten and the Geography of Memory in Berlin.” RMMLA, Vancouver, Washington, October 10-12, 2013.
- “Tourism and the Holocaust: A New Agenda for the Humanities.” New Directions in the Humanities Conference, Granada, Spain, June 8-11, 2011.
- "Holocaust Tourism in Berlin." Presented at the RMMLA in Scottsdale, October 6, 2011.
- "Seeing Auschwitz: The Tourist as Witness." Presented at the 9th Annual Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Granada, Spain, June 2011.
- "Visualizing the Holocaust: Tourism to Auschwitz."Presented at the RMMLA in Reno, October 2008.
- "Germany's Colonial Past in Recent Fiction." Presented at the RMMLA in Tucson, October 2006.
- "The Author Strikes Back. Bodo Kirchhof's Schundroman and Martin Walser's Tod eines Kritikers." Presented at the RMMLA in Missoula, October 2003.
- "Dislocated Text: Günter Grass's Encounter with German Literature in India." Presented at German Studies Association Convention in Washington, D.C., October 2001.
- "Sleeping with the Enemy." Presented at the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Convention in Vancouver, October 2001.
- "The Literary Wall." Presented at the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Convention in Boise, October 2000.
- "Having it Both Ways? The Essay as Metafiction in Post-Reunification German." Presented at the International Association of Philosophy and Literature Convention in Stony Brook, May 2000.
- "German Nationhood and the Literary Wall." Presented at the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Convention in Santa Fe, October 1999.
- Uerlings, Herbert, and Iulia-Karin Patrut, eds. Postkolonialismus und Kanon. The German Quarterly, 85:4 (2012) 499-500.
- “The Semblance of Materiality: Review of Brigitte Peucker, The Material Image: Art and the Real in Film (Cultural Memory of the Present)" Other Voices 4.1 (March 2010). (http://www.othervoices.org/4.1/dreynolds/index.php)
- Benseler, David et al., eds. Teaching German in Twentieth Century America.; Monatshefte Occasional Volume 15. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2001. 294 p. The Rocky Mountain Review, vol. 56.1 (Spring 2002) 123-124.
- Albrecht, Terence. Rezeption und Zeitlichkeit des Werkes Christoph Heins. Frankfurt a.M.: Peter Lang, 2000. German Studies Review. May 2001.
- Neaman, Elliot Y. A Dubious Past. Ernst Jnger and the Politics of Literature after Nazism. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999. The Rocky Mountain Review. Spring 2001.
- Neuhaus, Volker. Schreiben gegen die verstreichende Zeit. Zu Leben und Werk von Günter Grass. München: Deutsche Taschenbuch Verlag, 1997. German Studies Review 23:1 (2000) 198-199.
Department Chair: German
Book Project: Postcards from Auschwitz: Tourism and Holocaust Remembrance. Supported by an NEH Summer Stipend for 2013.
Selected Conference Presentations:
Fort Hunt HS (Alexandria, VA); Brussels American HS (Brussels, Belgium)
College Graduation Year:
Eberhard-Karls Universität Tübingen, Germany
Travel, pets, food, fiction