Grinnell students get up-close views of careers while shadowing alumni professionals through the 3- to 5-day externship programs .
Preparing for Graduate Study in the Health Professions
Health Professions Advisory Committee
The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) at Grinnell College coordinates activities to prepare students for application to health professional graduate schools. Committee advisors help students with curriculum planning and are responsible for the preparation of committee letters of recommendation. The HPAC works closely with the Center for Careers, Life, and Service, which can help students explore health care fields, find internship opportunities and community connections, think about the personal statement, and prepare for interviews. Contact any member with questions.
Members of HPAC, 2018-2019
- Clark Lindgren, Biology, Co-Chair
- Jim Swartz, Chemistry, Co-Chair
- Gwenola Caradec, French and Arabic
- Pam Fellers, Mathematics and Statistics
- Michael Guenther, History
- Shannon Hinsa-Leasure, Biology
- Hanna Key, Chemistry
- Erick Leggans, Chemistry
- Josh Sandquist, Biology
- Sarah Barks, CLS
- Administrative support: Erika Jack