We use the Common Application exclusively (and have no application fee). Regular Decision is available to all students completing secondary schooling, and Early Decision is a great choice for students for whom Grinnell is a clear first choice. International applicants who are interested in Early Decision must contact our office prior to submitting their applications.

If you do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency, you must apply to Grinnell as an international student. If you hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (green card) you must apply as a domestic student, regardless of where you physically reside. 

If, for some reason, you are unclear about your legal citizenship, clarify your status with your parents/legal counsel. Deliberate or unintended misrepresentation of your citizenship status may be cause for withdrawal of your application. If your permanent residency status is still "pending," you must apply as an international student. Then, once your permanent residency is approved you should notify us immediately. A photocopy of this paperwork will be required.

Once we receive your application, we will send you a user name and instructions on how to check your application status.