Transfer Application Deadlines
Spring Semester: November 1
Fall Semester: April 1
To complete your transfer application for admission to Grinnell College, the following must be completed and submitted by the appropriate deadline:
- The Common Application: All forms, including the College Official's Report and the 2012-2013 Common Application Grinnell College Supplement are available at CommonApp. (After choosing Grinnell College as one of your colleges, you will be able to click on the Supplement tab to complete and submit your supplement form.) *If you graduated from high school more than one year ago, you do not need to submit the Secondary School Report form.
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- Official ACT or SAT scores
- Two written recommendations from current or former professors
- A brief essay on your reasons for transferring and the goals you hope to achieve
- $30 application fee (waived for electronic submission)
If you applied to Grinnell in the past as a first-year student or transfer student, you still need to submit all of the above documents.
|A Transfer student who enters as a:||Must complete at Grinnell at least:|
|Second-semester first-year||92 credits|
|First-semester second-year||78 credits|
|Second-semester second-year||62 credits|
|First-semester third-year||62 credits|
For more information on transferring credits, read the Transfer Credit section of Grinnell's course catalog.