A visit to campus allows prospective students to experience the Grinnell community. During your visit to Grinnell, you'll have the chance to:
- attend an information session with current students and a counselor,
- take a tour of our beautiful campus,
- participate in an evaluative interview,
- sit in on a class of your choosing,
- experience an overnight stay in one of our on-campus residence halls,
- enjoy a complimentary meal with a current student in our Marketplace Dining Hall,
- and talk with current students, faculty, and staff.
We highly recommend that all prospective students and their families attend an information session (1 hour) followed by a campus tour (1 hour). Please register for your visit at least 48 hours in advance of your desired visit date.
If you are unable to attend both the information session and campus tour, please contact the Office of Admission at admission[at]grinnell[dot]edu or 641-269-3600.
Counselors and groups of 10 or more should notify us in advance.
Here are some tips for planning your visit to Grinnell.
Visit activities are limited by your class year and by Grinnell College's examination periods, breaks, and holidays. Our interactive registration shows you your options, and the Academic Break Calendar provides a list of dates during which visit activities may be limited.
Grinnell College welcomes individuals with disabilities and strives to provide the fullest access possible during the visit process. If any member of your party requires an accommodation as the result of a disability, you must request accommodations at least two weeks in advance of your scheduled visit to ensure that the fullest range of accommodation options are available. It may not be possible to meet all requested accommodations when accommodations are requested fewer than two weeks in advance.