Hometown Teams: How Sports Shape America was on view at the Drake Community Library February 15 – April 20, 2019. The exhibit demonstrates how our hometown sports energize the community, instill pride in it, and create a bond that is passed from one generation to the next.
Programs created especially for Grinnell included:
- Opening Ceremony with the Grinnell High School Pep Band (February 15, 2019)
- Grinnell College Men’s Basketball, Coach Arsenault Jr. (March 6, 2019)
- Grinnell High School Trailblazers (March 17, 2019)
- Girls High School Basketball. History of the Sport in Iowa featuring Grinnell residents that played 6 on 6 and the Grinnell High School Girls Basketball Team (April 3, 2019)
- Local Elite. Panel moderated by KGRN’s Chris Varney