Where can I find information on employee benefits not listed on this website?

As an employee of Grinnell College, you have exclusive opportunities and access to special programs that, although beneficial, are coordinated by offices other than Human Resources, Compensation, and Benefits and Insurance. You may learn more about these extras by accessing the links/information below.

Refer to the Staff Handbook (login required) or the Faculty Handbook for more information.

Bargaining unit employees may obtain a union-employee guide from the Facilities Management Office at 641-269-3300.

Campus Parking - contact Campus Safety at 641-269-4600.

Dual Career Network - contact the Office of Human Resources at 641-269-4818.

Family Medical Leave Act - contact the Office of Human Resources at 641-269-4818.

Pioneer One-Card - contact Dining Services at 641-269-3661.

Shipping of personal mail and stamp purchases - contact Mail Services at 641-269-3421.

Live Well Grinnell - Contact Jana Johnson, 641-269-4822.

Tuition Reimbursement Guidelines (under Education Assistance, login required) - contact Jana Johnson, associate director of human resources, 641-269-4822

Volunteer Initiatives Program - Contact the Office of Community Partnerships, Planning, and Research at 641-269-3900.

I see information about the Tuition Remission benefit for dependents on this website, but not Tuition Reimbursement. Where can I find out how to apply for educational assistance?

The tuition remission benefit, which is administered under Compensation, Benefits and Insurance, is often confused with tuition reimbursement, a program for employees who are enrolled in educational programs at approved colleges or universities other than Grinnell College. The Office of Human Resources coordinates and maintains the Tuition Reimbursement program. Click here for Tuition Reimbursement Guidelines from the Office of Human Resources.

I'm a faculty member about to go on sabbatical. Where can I access information about how a leave from the institution affects my benefits or insurance plans?

Refer to the Faculty Handbook, maintained by the Dean of the College, for more information on benefits and insurance during faculty sabbaticals and other leaves of absence.

For additional questions about benefits and insurance, contact:

  • Jana Johnson, associate director of human resources, 641-269-4822;
  • Stacy Koehler, associate director of human resources, 641-269-4823, or
  • Jim Mulholland, director of compensation and risk management, 641-269-4830.

How do increases in benefits affect the overall budget?

The base budget covers increases (sometimes substantial ones) in the cost of health and dental insurance as well as the increased costs of TIAA-CREF to provide retirement benefits, FICA, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance which result from increased wages and salaries.

Where can I find more information about the Wellmark Blueprints for Health program?

Wellmark Blueprints for Health FAQs

We use cookies to enable essential services and functionality on our site, enhance your user experience, provide better service through personalized content, collect data on how visitors interact with our site, and enable advertising services.

To accept the use of cookies and continue on to the site, click "I Agree." For more information about our use of cookies and how to opt out, please refer to our website privacy policy.