NetNutrition® can assist you in making wise choices to meet your nutritional goals when dining in the Marketplace. You will find this remarkable tool helpful to:
- View menu offerings.
- Identify and select well-balanced meals.
- View the nutritional content and ingredients of your food choices.
- Filter out foods containing allergens/intolerances.
- Select preferences for specific types of diets such as vegetarian, vegan and Halal.
How to Use NetNutrition® to Manage Your Food Allergy
- Find food allergens/intolerances listed on the left side of the page.
- Check the box next to the food allergens/intolerances you must avoid.
- Items containing these allergens/intolerances will be deleted from your menu choices. For example, if you checked the allergen/intolerance box for milk, only items that do not contain milk will appear on the list of food choices.
How to Use NetNutrition® in Meal Planning
- View the menu, by selecting a meal under the date of your choice.
- Click on the box next to the food items you wish to eat.
- Use the drop down box on the right to select the number of portions you wish to consume.
- Once you have made your selections, select “Add Items”.
- As you add items to your meal, they will appear in the upper left-hand shaded portion of the page under “My Meal”.
- You may review nutritional information by the meal (select “Meal Nutrition”) or by individual item (select “Item Nutrition”).
- To delete an item from your meal, select the red circle with a minus sign.
How to use NetNutrition® for Preferences
You may choose to sort menu items by preferences.
- Select your desired preference.
- Only foods that meet your selected preference will appear in the menu.
How to use NetNutrition® on Your Mobile Device
- Go to http://nutrition.grinnell.edu/NetNutrition from your mobile device.
- Select “Start”.
- Select “Marketplace Dining”.
- Select the desired date.
- Select the meal of your choice for the menu to be displayed.
- Select the funnel icon to filter out desired food allergens/intolerances.
- Select the back button and only foods meeting your criteria will appear on the menu.
- Select the page icon to the right of the food to view nutritional information/ingredients.