We have several committees that lead the curricular and policy changes within the education program.
Teacher Education Committee
The Teacher Education Committee (TEC) shapes the policies and programs of the education program and authorizes students for the licensure program.
(1 year term, 3 faculty, 1 from each division.)
2018–19 TEC Members
- Jennifer Brown — Humanities
- Al Lacson — Social Studies
- Maisha Kamunde-Devonish — Science
Teacher Advisory Committee
The Teacher Advisory Committee (TAC) facilitates dialogue and manages relationships with area schools.
2018–19 TAC Members
- Heidi Durbin (Dean of Students, Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Trent Edsen (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Josh Ellis (Grinnell-Newburg Middle School)
- Carlos Gallegos (Grinnell-Newburg Middle School)
- Catrina Gardner (Meskwaki Settlement School, Tama)
- Chelsey Kolpin (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Darien Sloat (Grinnell-Newburg High School)
- Deanna Zmolek (South Tama High School)
Student Educational Policy Committee
Student majors within the program elect a Student Educational Policy Committee (SEPC) every year that assists in the faculty hiring and review process and in planning extracurricular activities, such as visiting lecturers and student colloquia.
2018–19 SEPCs for the Education Department
- J’remi Barnes ’19 (History)
- Eden Gregory ’19 (English)
- Rene Ayala ’19 (Sociology)
- Robin Bartell ’20 (Biological Chemistry)
- Nick Foulon ’19 (History)
- Taylor Gaskins ’20 (Spanish/English)
- Carlos Piedrasanta ’20 (Educational Studies)