As a matter of course, the CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine (although there is currently no vaccine for COVID-19, this is recommended as a preventative measure for seasonal flu), taking preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antiviral medications if prescribed.
The following precautionary measures may aid in defending against the flu and COVID-19:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper arm/elbow.
- Clean hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Regularly clean and disinfect shared surfaces and objects that are touched frequently (faucets, doorknobs, phones, etc.).
- Avoid contact with sick people.