- Symptomatic Testing: Please contact SHAW at 641-269-3230 if you become symptomatic to schedule testing.
Symptoms include: fever/chills, muscle aches, cough, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea, new loss of taste or smell
- Employee FAQ document
New Student Health Forms
Since the health and wellness of every Grinnell College student is of the utmost importance, the college has several health compliance requirements that all incoming students are required to meet.
All first-year students must complete the required health forms and submit them to Student Health and Wellness (SHAW) by July 15, 2021.
All first-year and returning students are required to submit their COVID vaccination dates, along with uploading their COVID vaccination record for vetting through the student portal. Please follow these simple steps:
- Go to https://shacscom.grinnell.edu/
- On the left navigation, click on “Medical Clearances”
- Scroll down to the section titled “Additional items NOT required for clearance”
- Click the Update button next to COVID
- COVID Test Results Upload – Click the upload button here to upload your vaccine record.
- Enter your vaccine dates under date 1 and date 2 (if applicable)
- Submit your Vaccine 1 and Vaccine 2 (if applicable) information by using the drop-down box options.
- Click done once complete.
Students will not be eligible to register for classes until all forms and immunization requirements are submitted and complete.
We want to make it impeccably clear that our staff here at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHAW) stands in solidarity with black people. All lives will not matter until Black Lives Matter.
Student Health and Wellness (SHAW) offers an integrated model of physical health and mental health services to support the personal and academic success of all Grinnell College students. Wellness, prevention, and health promotion empowers students and helps create an environment where pursuing health and wellness is possible. We utilize a holistic approach to emphasize the spectrum of prevention, intervention, and recovery for a range of health concerns which allows us to embrace and appreciate the differences of each student’s health and wellness needs. Most of our services are covered by the cost of tuition with no additional cost to the students (and not billed to insurance). In addition to nursing, counseling, and case management appointments, we offer a variety of programs, events, and advocacy to help students navigate the world’s complexities as it relates to health and wellbeing. We also help students connect with off-campus medical and mental health providers/specialists in the community when needed.
SHAW supports students’ development of autonomy to feel empowered to make informed choices about their health and wellness during college and after they graduate. To help support this, a SHAW Student Advisory Council was formed.