2018 Faulconer Arts Outreach in the Parks
The Faulconer Gallery is offering free hands-on art and literacy activities for kids & families in area parks. Every session will offer
- 2D and 3D collage projects,
- truck glittering,
- type-a-thon, and
- reading activities.
A special project — such as ceramics, printmaking, marbling, sewing, wood cut outs, tie-dye or other activities — will be offered at each session.
All Art in the Park events are from 10:30 a.m. – noon. No registration is necessary.
- June 11, Arbor Lake Shelter House, 123 Pearl Street
- June 13, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side, 1108 Park Street
- June 18, Merrill Park West Shelter, 801 11th Avenue
- June 20, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side, 1108 Park Street
- June 25, James Miller Park, Lake Nyanza Shelter, 1132 Nyanza Drive
- June 27, Ahren’s Park #1, 1436 Penrose Street
- July 9, Central Park, 811 Park Street
- July 11, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side, 1108 Park Street
- July 16, Bailey Park, 1220 Prairie Street
- July 18, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side, 1108 Park Street
- July 20, Poweshiek County Fair, 425 East Street South
- July 23, Summer Street Park, 720 Summer Street
- July 25, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, north side, 1108 Park Street
In case of threatening weather, Art in the Park will relocate to Bucksbaum Center for the Arts, 1108 Park Street.
Changes in location will be announced on KGRN 1410 AM and on the Faulconer Gallery’s Facebook page prior to the start of the session.
You may also call the Faulconer Gallery, 641-269-4663.
Other Summer Events
Read, Write, and Draw at Faulconer Gallery
This free program is available for students to drop-in for a quiet hour of reading, writing, and drawing.
- Bring your own book or read own of ours.
- Create a story or draw in response to one of the artworks on display or from your imagination.
- Make a small book!
Faulconer Gallery will provide supplies and our education staff will be there to read, write and draw with you.
2–3 p.m. Wednesdays, June 13, 20, 27 and July 11, 18, 25
11 a.m.–noon Fridays, June 15, 22, 29 and July 13, 20, 27
Yoga in the Gallery with Monica St. Angelo
12:15 – 12:50 p.m. Thursdays, July 5 – September 13
Enjoy a free 30-minute yoga practice of warming and invigorating poses and a final period of relaxation. All levels welcome. Mats provided. Co-sponsored by Live Well Grinnell.
Grinnell College does not assume responsibility for the care and safety of children who attend these events. The College makes these programs open to the public with the understanding that for children who attend, a parent, legal guardian, or other designated caregiver remains responsible for their care and protection.
For more information please contact outreach curator Tilly Woodward, 641-269-4663.