Flu Shot Clinics Fall of 2021
To better help protect our community, we are pleased to partner with our local Grinnell Hy-Vee, to host Influenza vaccination clinics (commonly called flu shots) for students and employees here on campus.
- This year, the vaccine will be processed through your insurance so this information will be needed when registering for your vaccination. Please make sure to upload your insurance card(s) and bring your card with you to your appointment in case there are any billing questions.
- You will need to use your prescription (Rx) insurance card when registering. For most people, this is the same as their insurance card. However, some insurance companies have separate cards for prescriptions. If you have the student health insurance, you will not have a separate card and will just use your regular insurance card.
- Most insurance companies provide coverage for flu vaccines. The student insurance plan covers the vaccine 100%. Any billing questions will be addressed at the vaccine clinic. SHAW will have options available to reduce any costs associated with this flu vaccine requirement at the vaccine clinic, so please proceed with registration.
Please note that all students are required to be vaccinated with the flu vaccine this fall. If you receive your flu vaccine outside of the clinics being hosted on campus, you will be required to upload your vaccine record and enter your dates of vaccination into the student portal for the nursing team to vet and approve.
Two clinics are currently being offered for students and one for employees.
How to Register
Click on the link to register for your assigned clinic times. Students are eligible to begin registering now. Make sure to register by the assigned deadline.
- Student-only registration for Oct. 5 or 6 is live.
The deadline to register is Oct. 3 for the clinic on Oct. 5 and Oct. 4 for the clinic on Oct. 6.
- Employee registration begins on Sept. 28 for the Oct. 12 clinic. - They will be allowing walk-ins from 9a.m. - 3p.m. for as long as the vaccine supply lasts.
Registration for Your Vaccination Appointment Is Required
Who: All enrolled students are required to be vaccinated unless you have an accepted religious or medical exemption on file and have indicated you wish to waive your flu vaccine requirement.
What: Influenza vaccine or flu shot
Tuesday, Oct. 5, or Wednesday, Oct. 6
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Employee Clinic (registration opens Sept. 28) - They will be allowing walk-ins for as long as the vaccine supply lasts.
Tuesday, Oct. 12
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Rosenfield Center 101
What to Expect at Your Appointment
- Bring your P-card to your appointment to verify your identification.
- Bring your insurance card to your appointment for any billing questions.
- Wear a mask.
- Wear short sleeves/garments that will allow exposure of your upper arm.
Allow time for wait time and vaccination when scheduling your appointment. It is recommended you come well hydrated and eat something to avoid any lightheadedness with vaccination.
Please contact SHAW with any additional questions.