Grinnell College Libraries Expanded Research Services
The Grinnell College Libraries has subscribed to a new set of services through a vendor called Third Iron to improve your search experience for scholarly journal articles. See our library guide for instructions on downloading and using the new services.
Libkey Nomad is a browser extension to get fast access to scholarly academic articles and is available in 6 different browsers.
- Download PDF will take you directly to a PDF of the article.
- Article Link will take you to a webpage of the Article.
- In addition, Nomad will let you know when an article has been retracted and if you click it will list the reasons why.
BrowZine is a service that allows you to browse, read and follow scholarly journals in a beautiful visual display. With BrowZine, you can:
- Browse and read journals: Browse thousands of top journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles.
- Stay Current with My Bookshelf: Create a personal bookshelf of titles to follow and receive new article notifications. To use, create an account through Browzine.
- Access on any device: Easily access BrowZine from your iOS and Android device and on the web to stay up to date wherever you are.
- Save and export articles: Use the BrowZine app to save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, Papers and more.
Libkey IO improves the linking experience to Grinnell's online academic journals. Now you can directly download the PDF from the results page or view the article in the journal issue and see surrounding articles and research.