Grinnell Regional Medical Center 5K Run
Sunday, Oct. 8
As part of our efforts to support local non-profit organizations and to connect campus and the community, Grinnell College is a sponsor of Grinnell Regional Medical Center's Superhero 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, Oct. 8.
- Race Course
- Begin at the GRMC Healing Garden (Reed St. between 3rd and 4th Ave.); the 5K route includes paved and gravel roads, as well as park gravel trail.
- Prizes for the top female and male in each age bracket, plus Best Superhero Costumes.
- Beginning at 7:15 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Packet Pick-up
- Runners and walkers may pick up their packets beginning at 7:15 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Race start and additional details
- The 5K begins at 8 a.m. and the family run/walk starts at 8:45 a.m.. Awards will be announced at 9 a.m. Timing by The Open Road Chip Timing company. Results will be posted on FitnessSports.com.
- Runners may park in the GRMC visitor and employee lots, Light Center for Community Health lot, and Family Medicine parking. Do not park on Reed St. between 4th and 1st Avenues.
- A water station will be located at the half-way point in the 5K race. Snacks will provided at the end of the race.
Grinnell College is also a sponsor of the Grinnell Fire Department's Annual Pancake Breakfast at the Public Safety Building (1020 Spring St.) from 6 a.m. to noon. Freewill donations will be accepted.