New and Improved Spaces Now in Burling Library
A lot happens during the summers in Grinnell’s libraries. This year, we successfully:
- Created a clean, well-lit place (see image above) on Burling’s second floor, with ample individual and group study tables and moveable marker boards.
- Refreshed Leggett Study Terrace, also found on Burling’s second level, with new upholstery, improved ligh
ting for exhibited art, sizable bean bag chairs and added plants to take advantage of the sunny southern exposure.
- Painted portions of the lobby area and open stairways on the main floor, nicely complementing the green and red tones found throughout the building.
- Placed an Epson scanner in Burling Media Room.
- Relocated the music scores to Burling’s fourth floor, where more shelving and wide aisles make the collection
Enjoy these spaces, and let us know if you have any thoughts or suggesti