Second-Year Spotlight — Resources, Networking, and Alumni Panel on Nov. 4
Second-years are in the spotlight this week!
Events are on Thursday, Nov. 4, 4–6 p.m.
- From 4 to 5 p.m., stop by the second year resource and networking fair in the HSSC Atrium to:
- take a headshot at the photo station
- network with alumni; get resources from the CLS about Career Communities & internships/externships
- learn about Off-Campus Study
- connect with your class through Alumni Relations
- learn about declaring a major with help from Academic Advising
- better understand how the Dean’s Office can help you identify research opportunities
- and get info about leadership opportunities in SGA, the SEPCs, and student clubs and organizations, as well as student initiatives and how second-years can form groups and suggest events on campus.
- From 5 to 6 p.m. listen to the Alumni Panel in HSSC Multipurpose room, A1231, (or virtual, see info below) featuring four alumni who represent a wide range of majors/paths/life experiences:
- Lester Aleman ’07 (sociology) – working in higher education at the Posse Foundation
- Graciela Guzman ’11 (anthropology) – works as an instructional coach with DC public schools
- Benjamin Vaughn Jr ’15 (gender, women’s and sexuality studies) – works in policy and advocacy at a federally-qualified health center
- Andrew Marcum ’12 (physics) – works in Grinnell’s chemistry department
Although this program is intended for second-years, all students are welcome. Address questions to [advising].
Visit The Second Grinnell Year site for additional programming and information for second-year students.
Second Year Spotlight Alumni Panel (Webex info)
Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021 5 p.m. | 1 hour | (UTC-05:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 2623 548 0068
Join by video system
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 U.S. Toll
Access code: 262 354 80068