Due to COVID-19 concerns, we have postponed Commencement at this time. More details will follow.
Saturday, May 16
- 12:30 p.m. Honor G Awards (Invitation only)
- An event for all varsity athletes and their families to honor seniors for their athletic achievements.
- 3:30 p.m. Phi Beta Kappa Initiation (Invitation only)
- A celebration by recognizing exceptional student achievement through annual election of new student members.
- 7 p.m. Commencement Vocal Concert
- Performances by the Grinnell Singers, and several of the student-led acapella groups.
Sunday, May 17
- 9 a.m. Baccalaureate
- This non-religious ceremony includes short addresses by two faculty or staff and two members of the senior class and honorary class memberships. Speakers, as well as honorary class members, are chosen by the graduating class.
- 12:15 p.m. President’s Social
- Graduates and their families are invited to a reception and social with the President of the college.
Humanities and Social Studies Center Patio
- 2 p.m. Posse Graduation Ceremony
- A celebration of achievement with Posse students and their families.
Joe Rosenfield ’25 Center, Room 101
- 5 p.m. Senior Honors Concert
- Senior vocal and instrumental musicians perform for families and guests.
- 5 p.m. Multicultural Leadership Council Ceremony and Reception (Invitation only)
- The Office of Intercultural Engagement and Leadership will host a reception with hors d’oeuvres.
Harris Center Cinema
- 7 p.m. Office of International Student Affairs (Invitation only)
- The Department of Student Affairs hosts international senior students and their families to a dessert reception.
- 9:15 p.m. Observatory Open House
- Informal tours with Robert Cadmus, professor of Physics - Guests welcome anytime between 9:15 and 11 p.m.
Monday, May 18
- 10 a.m. 2019 Exercises of Commencement
- Picnic Immediately following
- Graduates, their families, faculty and staff are invited to join in a picnic following the commencement ceremony.