Join Grinnell College’s professional culinary department focused on local and scratch-made food, sustainable practices, and employee career development. Grinnell College Dining Services is hiring both full and part-time staff. Career positions are available with paths for additional training, certifications, and advancement.
Full-time starting wage is $18-20/hour, depending on position, part-time starting wage is $15/hour. Positions are eligible for a $2/hour shift premium for evenings and weekends. Uniforms and tools and meals during work shifts are provided at no cost.
Ten-, 11-, and 12-month employment options are available.
Grinnell College Dining Services offers a professional work environment with opportunities to learn from learn from certified culinary mentors. Professional development, certifications, and operational training are available. After one year of employment, employees are eligible for educational assistance of up to $4,000 for tuition and books per year. Employees may enroll in one regular course per semester at Grinnell College with minimal cost.
Exceptional and Comprehensive Health, Wellness, and Retirement Benefits
Employees in positions scheduled to work at least 1,000 hours per calendar year (averaging 20 hours/week or more) are eligible to participate in Grinnell Colleges comprehensive benefits, including:
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- pre-tax dependent care/medical flexible spending accounts
- short waiting period for benefits (first day of the month following your first day of employment)
- employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- employer-paid long-term disability insurance (1-year waiting period)
- employer-paid life insurance policy and option to purchase supplemental insurance
- retirement benefits (10% employer contribution, no required employee contribution) after one year
- free employee and family access to the Bear Recreation and Athletic Center
- wellness time and reimbursement for selected wellness services
Grinnell College recognizes that work-life balance supports employee wellness. Benefits for full- and part-time staff working in benefit-eligible positions include:
- paid sick, vacation, and personal time
- paid COVID leave policy
- paid parental leave
Other Unique Benefits
- Educational benefits for dependents (after three consecutive years of employment):
- tuition remission at Grinnell College (90% of tuition is waived),
- tuition exchange program with ACM or GLCA institutions (85% of tuition is waived), or
- tuition cash grant (up to $10,000 per academic year)
- 10% discount at the Pioneer Bookstore and other Grinnell employee discounts