Each year Grinnell College hosts several major performances of significant cultural import. The Committee for Public Events, a body composed of both faculty and students, selects between four and six noted performers to visit Grinnell.
- Fred Hersch Jazz Trio
- Joe Goode Performance Group
- All Recipes are Home
- Simon Estes
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Esperanza Spalding
Ticket Distribution Policy
Performances are free, but tickets are required. Tickets are available to the public beginning three to four business days prior to the performance (look at specific event to determine date) and are distributed until no tickets remain.
Tickets are distributed from the box office in the Bucksbaum Center for the Arts at the corner of 6th Ave. and Park St. in Grinnell. Tickets are free to those present at the box office during open hours between noon and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Phone reservations are not accepted, though you may call the box office at 641-269-4444 during open hours to determine if tickets are still available. A limited number of tickets are also available beginning at noon on the first distribution date from the Pioneer Bookshop in downtown Grinnell.
2015–16 Public Events Season
- Nature: A walking play
- Friday, Sept. 11, 6 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 12, & Sunday, Sept. 13, 2 p.m.
- Conard Environmental Research Area (CERA)
- Tickets available: Tuesday, Sept. 8th
- Kyle Abraham Dance - When the Wolves Came In
- September 12, 7:30 pm
- Roberts Theatre
- Tickets available: Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Ellen Fullman (sponsored by Music Dept.)
- Nov. 13, 2015 [Time to be determined]
- Tickets available: Tuesday, Nov. 10
- Alicia Svigals – The Yellow Ticket
- [Date and time to be determined]
- [Location to be determined]
- Antonio Sanchez and Anat Cohen with The Gabriel Espinosa Latin Jazz Sextet
- February 19, 7:30 pm
- Sebring Lewis Hall
- Tickets available: Tuesday, Feb 16
- Six Appeal
- March 8, 7:30 p.m.
- Herrick Chapel
- Tickets available: Wednesday, March 2
- Grinnell Symphony Orchestra with Dave Stamey (Music Dept.)
- April 16, 7:30 p.m.
- Herrick Chapel
- No tickets needed