Authorized Students and Staff

Academic Support and student assistants perform a variety of Libraries-related tasks for faculty. We offer two levels of authorization for these activities:

1. Authorized Assistants

Authorized assistants may do the following:

  • Check out materials
  • Place materials on reserve for courses
  • Pick up ILL items at circulation

Upon receipt of a signed authorization form, we will add a note to the patron record of an authorized borrower stating that he or she has library privileges for you; we will verify it each time the authorized borrower does library tasks for you. At the end of each semester, each library patron is considered to be responsible for all library materials listed their patron record. Fines will not be waived for overdue library materials that were checked out for other patrons.

How to Authorize an Academic Support or Student Assistant

Complete the Authorization of Academic Support Form or Authorization of Student Assistant Form. For questions, please contact Micki Behounek, Manager of Access Services via email or phone (641-269-3354).

2. Proxy Electronic Access Account

Faculty can authorize creation of a proxy electronic account and password, which you can share with your assistants. Your assistants can log into your library account with this username and password. This will allow access only to your library account, not your email, Pioneer Web account, or any other college accounts. Activities that can be completed include:

  • Requesting ILL items in the name of the faculty member*
  • Renewing books online for the faculty member
  • Viewing the items the faculty member has checked out

How to Request a Proxy Electronic account

Complete the Request a Proxy Electronic Account form.  For questions, please contact Micki Behounek, Manager of Access Services via email or phone (641-269-3354).

We use cookies to enable essential services and functionality on our site, enhance your user experience, provide better service through personalized content, collect data on how visitors interact with our site, and enable advertising services.

To accept the use of cookies and continue on to the site, click "I Agree." For more information about our use of cookies and how to opt out, please refer to our website privacy policy.