In your first semester, you’ll be paired with one of the 22 staff members from the Center for Careers, Life, and Service (CLS), who will serve as your career adviser at Grinnell. They’ll help you with résumés, cover letters, head shots, etiquette dinners, mock interviews, grad school applications, alumni connections, and more.
Our career communities offer you tailored support and programming if you’re interested in any of seven fields: business and finance; health professions; arts, media, and communications; education; government and social service; law; and STEM.
Through specialized advising and connections to peers, recruiters, and alumni, you’ll dive into a specific industry and find opportunities as an undergraduate. Through experiential learning and a range of accessible services, you’ll feel more prepared for post-college life in your particular field. It’s part of the reason more than 95 percent of our recent graduates say they feel satisfied about their career so far.
Recent employers for the class of 2016:
- Amazon (multiple locations)
- Board of Directors of Federal Reserve (Washington, DC)
- Center for Italian Modern Art (New York, NY)
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, M.A.)
- Department of Energy (Washington, DC)
- Deutsche Bank (New York, NY)
- Epic Systems (Madison, WI)
- Facebook (Dublin, Ireland)
- Goldman Sachs (New York, NY)
- Google (Mountain View, CA)
- IBM (Boston, M.A.)
- National Alliance on Mental Health (Arlington, VA)
- Northwest Film Forum (Seattle, WA)
- TIAA (New York, NY)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Washington, DC)
- University of Minnesota Press (Minneapolis, MN)
- U.S. Geological Survey (Wall, SD)