The Grinnell College Museum of Art is open to students, faculty, and staff by appointment. Scroll down for an update for non-College visitors.
Faculty, Staff, and Students
Faculty, staff, and students (those living on campus and those approved to live off campus) wishing to visit the museum must make their own reservation on the 25Live website (opens in new window). Follow the instructions at this link for how to fill in each field on the form. If you have problems with 25Live, contact York Plagge.
The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 5 pm. Visitors who need to schedule a visit on Mondays or mornings, please contact Lesley Wright. Also contact Lesley Wright if you want to come with a group.
When you visit, be sure to enter the north doors of the Bucksbaum Arts Center, on the side facing central campus. A museum guard will let you in at the time of your appointment.
Visitors must wear both a mask and a face shield.
Beginning Thursday March 18, we will be open by appointment to the general public on Thursdays and Sundays, noon to 5 p.m.
Please note that students may not schedule visits on Thursdays and Sundays. Faculty and staff who wish to visit with non-employee family members should schedule visits during these days.
- Visitors must have an appointment, scheduled no later than the day before. Call 641-269-4660 to make an appointment, or send an email to Lesley Wright. You will receive a confirmation with instructions on how to enter the museum.
All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a mask.
We appreciate your patience as we all work as a community to slow the spread of COVID-19.
For more information, see Coronavirus COVID-19 Response.
Signing In and Filling Out the Fields on the 25Live Form
If you are not already signed in, click the "sign in" button in the upper right and enter your College username and password.
Click "Create an Event".
In the fields that appear, fill in according to the guide below:
- Event Name – [Your Name]
- Event Title – leave blank
- Event Type – Appointment
- Organization –Grinnell College Art Museum
- Additional Organization for this event – leave blank
- Expected head count – 1
- Event Description – Appointment
- Event Date & Time – fill out as appropriate, one-hour max per reservation
- Event Location – FINE*MUSEUM GUEST 1 (if this option is not available, we have filled the time slot)
- Under "add" click Request
- Resources – nothing
- Attached Files – nothing
- Event Custom Attributes – Click "No" for all
- Contact Roles – [Your Name] for Requestor and Scheduler
- Event Categories – nothing
- Requirements – Click Box D
- Event Comments – leave blank
- Internal Notes – leave blank
- Event State – Tentative
- Affirmation – Click box I Agree
Once the event has been saved, Conference Operations will confirm via email to you and the museum.