James E Swartz
- Director of the 1995-1997 and 2005-2008 Noyce Science Center Renovation and Expansion Projects.
- Dean of the College and Vice President of Academic Affairs, 1998-2008.
- Chair of the Science Division, 1990-1994.
- Legislative Aide in the Washington D.C. office of Representative Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island, Aug-Dec 1989.
- Member, Board of the American Council of Academic Deans.
- Councilor, Council on Undergraduate Research.
- Member, Iowa Energy Center Advisory Council.
- Consultant-Evaluator for the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education for the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Consultant to over twenty colleges and universities in the planning of science facilities and curriculum development.
- Coordinator and presenter, several Project Kaleidoscope Facilities Workshops.
- Co-author of a book on planning undergraduate science facilities.
Work with Project Kaleidoscope
- RALCO Video: Right Click on the link, choose "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" to save the video file to your local computer; play the video from your saved file.
- Presentations: Project Kaleidoscope - Associated Colleges of the Midwest - Faculty Career Enhancement. (A Decade and a Half of Efforts in Science Education, Five Tales)
- Facilities Planning
- Presentation to Humanities and Social Studies Divisions of Grinnell College, December 2008. (Planning for Improved Academic Facilities)
Education and Degrees
Postdoctoral Fellow, Cal Tech (Fred Anson) Ph.D., University of California at Santa Cruz B.S., Stanislaus State College, California