Thank you for expressing an interest in contributing to the 2021 MOSAIC publication! The MOSAIC celebrates the beauty of a diverse campus and a world with a particular focus on the unique and varied global adventures that are experienced by Grinnellians like yourself.
Here are a few suggestions to assist you as you begin working on your piece. Once you have reviewed the guidelines and are satisfied with your piece, please submit them to MOSAIC.
- Submissions can take the form of a narrative (reflective, informative, or otherwise), poem, musing, illustration, or photo.
- All written pieces (poems, essays, musings, etc.) should be submitted as a Word document (.doc or .docx). Text should be Times New Roman, 12 point, and double-spaced.
- Please suggest a title for your piece. In addition, it is our practice to list the author’s name, class year, and home country or professional title. Please include this information.
- All images should be high resolution (300 ppi or more) and in .jpg or .png format. WeTransfer.com is a free website which you may use to submit your images if they cannot be attached by email. Please include a single-sentenced caption describing the image.
- Please be considerate of the diversity of our readers. We invite critical inquiry but not destructive messages toward/about others. If your submission is about a country or culture other than your own, please have someone from or with expertise regarding that place review it with you.
- The MOSAIC editor will review/revise submissions prior to publishing and we will contact you for approval if edits or changes are made. We also reserve the right to omit submissions for the publication.
If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the 2021 editor, Momiji Fukushima.