Official transcripts are ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse, processed on-site at Grinnell College and sent via the United States Postal Service. The FedEx and Held For Pickup at the Registrar’s office options are suspended at this time due to the COVID-19 situation. We do not provide electronic official transcripts. If you graduated prior to 1986, your transcript is unavailable via our student system and will be delayed in processing.
The cost is $10 per transcript using a major credit card. Credit cards will only be charged after the order has been completed. Orders placed by noon will be received by the Office of the Registrar that same business day. Normal processing time is 2 to 3 working days after the request is received. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, processing of transcripts may be delayed.
Please note: If you require an additional form (LSAC or SOPHAS transcript request cover sheet) to be enclosed with your Grinnell College transcript, email it to the registrar. Include your name and order number clearly on the form. Note in the “Special Instructions” field in the order process that you require an additional form and are emailing or faxing it directly to the registrar’s office.
For questions concerning transcripts, contact the registrar’s office. Transcripts are released only after all financial obligations to Grinnell College have been met.
Current Students on Campus or Leave
- Login to GrinnellShare
- Look under the heading Transcripts and Enrollment Verification
- Click on Order an Official Transcript
Medical school applicants should add “Include Biology Genetics Letter” under “special instructions.”
Transcripts sent to your campus P.O. box do not need overnight service as transcripts are processed on-site at Grinnell College.
Alumni and Former Students
- Click National Student Clearinghouse.
- Click Order or Track a Transcript.
Medical school applicants should include in “special instructions”: “Include Biology Genetics Letter.”
Unofficial transcripts can be requested in the following ways at no charge:
- Electronic, emailed copies of unofficial transcripts are not provided to students who are on campus. Current students on campus will need to stop at the registrar's office in the John Chrystal Center with their P-card to get an unofficial transcript. Students may also download a pdf of their unofficial transcripts via student planning in the WebAdvisor Self-Service Portal.
- Current students who are off of campus, alumni, and former students should submit an Unofficial Transcript form. The request form must have the student's signature as authorization to release the transcript. Unofficial Transcripts may be mailed, faxed, or emailed as a PDF. Request forms may be sent to the Office of the Registrar in one of the following ways:
Office of the Registrar
1103 Park Street
Grinnell, IA 50112-1690
- Email a pdf attachment
Diplomas may be replaced only in the event the original is lost, stolen, or damaged. The fee for a replacement diploma is $50 and takes 4 to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. We do not keep copies of diplomas on file. To order a replacement diploma, contact the registrar's office and ask that a Diploma Replacement Request form be sent to you.