Intercultural Affairs (ICA) is committed to engaging and empowering students by centering identity, appreciating and celebrating culture, and contextualizing individual stories in a diverse and global society. We believe students should be able to be their whole, authentic selves, while also appreciating and valuing others’ ability to do the same. Intercultural Affairs offers a variety of student-centered co-curricular experiences that encourage students to develop their own commitments to reflect, connect, explore, engage, and strategize as emerging community leaders.
ICA Learning Outcomes
- Students will recognize individual behaviors and identify techniques to recall resilience against various forms of oppression. (Reflect)
- Students will cultivate a sense of belonging within Grinnell’s communities by building meaningful relationships with peers, staff, faculty, and alumni. (Connect)
- Students will seek diverse forms of knowledge and think curiously about identity, culture, and the global context of social justice issues to explore their authentic self. (Explore)
- Students will demonstrate inclusive communication skills in discussions about the institutions and systems they will encounter throughout their lives. (Engage)
- Students will practice strategies to promote actionable social change in pursuit of a justice- and equity-minded society. (Strategize)