Transcripts and Diplomas

Official Transcripts

You may order official transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts can be sent electronically, via the United States Postal Service, or overnighted by FedEx.

The cost is $10 per transcript using a major credit card (additional overnight fees apply per address: domestic $30 and international $65). Credit cards will only be charged after the order has been completed. Normal processing time is the same day for electronic transcripts and one to two business days for mailed or overnighted transcripts after the request is received by the Registrar's office. During peak work times, holiday breaks, and end-of-term activities, the processing time for hard copies may be extended.

Additional forms: If requesting an electronic transcript, you may attach an additional form when placing your order through the National Student Clearinghouse. If requesting a hard copy, the additional form (ex. LSAC or SOPHAS transcript request cover sheet) to be enclosed with your Grinnell College transcript should be emailed to the Registrar or fax it directly to the Registrar's office at 641-269-4937. Include your name and order number clearly on the form. Note in the "Special Instructions" field in the order process that you require an additional form and are emailing or faxing it directly to the Registrar's office.

For questions concerning transcripts, contact the Registrar's office. Transcripts are released only after all financial obligations to Grinnell College have been met.

Medical school applicants should add "Include Biology Genetics Letter" under "special instructions."

Transcripts sent to your campus P.O. box do not need overnight service as hard copies of transcripts are processed on-site at Grinnell College.

To Order an Official Transcript

  1. Click National Student Clearinghouse.
  2. Click Order or Track a Transcript.

Unofficial transcripts can be requested in the following ways at no charge:

  • Electronic, emailed copies of unofficial transcripts are not provided to students who are on campus. Current students on campus will need to stop at the registrar's office in the John Chrystal Center with their P-card to get an unofficial transcript. Students may also download a pdf of their unofficial transcripts via student planning in the Colleague Self-Service Portal.
  • Current students who are off of campus, alumni, and former students should submit an Unofficial Transcript form. The request form must have the student's signature as authorization to release the transcript. Unofficial Transcripts may be mailed, faxed, or emailed as a PDF. Request forms may be sent to the Office of the Registrar in one of the following ways:

Replacement Diplomas

Diplomas may be replaced only in the event the original is lost, stolen, or damaged. The fee for a replacement diploma is $60 and takes 4 to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. We do not keep copies of diplomas on file. To order a replacement diploma, contact the Registrar's office and ask that a Diploma Replacement Request form be sent to you. Note: the replacement diploma will include "Reissue" on the document to indicate that it is a replacement and not the original.

We use cookies to enable essential services and functionality on our site, enhance your user experience, provide better service through personalized content, collect data on how visitors interact with our site, and enable advertising services.

To accept the use of cookies and continue on to the site, click "I Agree." For more information about our use of cookies and how to opt out, please refer to our website privacy policy.