Each semester Student Health and Wellness (SHAW) offers a variety of counseling groups, workshops, and drop-in consultations. These are programs in which students share/disclose concerns, reflect, learn new skills, practice new ideas and behaviors, receive feedback and give feedback in a supportive environment. Every program is different and they meet at different times and for different lengths.
Our groups and workshops provide opportunities for students to:
- Receive and give emotional support
- Improve self-awareness and social skills
- Learn to deal with personal issues
- Improve self-esteem and/or self-confidence
- Enhance interpersonal perspective on your individual concerns and group concerns
- Decrease loneliness and isolation