Each semester Student Health and Wellness (SHAW) offers a variety of counseling groups, workshops, and drop-in consultations. These are programs in which students share/disclose concerns, reflect, learn new skills, practice new ideas and behaviors, receive feedback, and give feedback in a supportive environment. Every program is different and they meet at different times and for different lengths.
Our groups and workshops provide opportunities for students to:
- receive and give emotional support
- improve self-awareness and social skills
- learn to deal with personal issues
- improve self-esteem and/or self-confidence
- enhance interpersonal perspective on individual concerns and group concerns
- decrease loneliness and isolation