Endowed by Grinnell alumni Donald ’25 and Winifred Wilson ’27, the Wilson Center is the hub of innovation and leadership at Grinnell College. We sponsor curricular and co-curricular programming that:
- Develops Knowledge: enhances a critical understanding of the key traits of leadership and innovation and how success in these areas is affected by social and historical contexts.
- Encourages Practice: creates opportunities both on and off-campus for students to develop and practice skills critical to leadership and innovation.
- Inspires Action: motivates students to embrace the challenges of innovation and leadership.
- Promotes Reflection: assists students in recognizing their own aptitudes and interests for leadership and innovation.
- Reveals Synergies: helps students to recognize the common traits between their liberal arts education and leadership and innovation.
- Provides Mentorship and Modeling: introduces students to successful leaders and innovators, with particular attention to our own alumni.
We seek to engage students from different areas of study and diverse backgrounds for one common purpose: to inspire and prepare students as innovators and leaders.
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Statistics
Director, Donald and Winifred Wilson Center for Innovation and Leadership