Outcome 6 Details
Students pursue a chosen field of study in depth and develop understanding of a core body of knowledge in that field as well as the ability to employ modes of inquiry appropriate to that field.
This Learning Outcome is expressed in many forms, in which individual outcomes are expressed by departments for their majors.
Students can gain these skills in a variety of ways:
- through departmental courses
- through courses in other departments that support inquiry appropriate to the major
- through independent work
- through internship opportunities
- through completion of a major or concentration
- through some co-curricular activities where appropriate
Ways we might measure student achievement of this learning goal:
- We will collect annual reports from individual departments on their assessment efforts
- We will examine reports to look for campus wide trends